// Growing in Christ//
1: ASSURANCE OF SLAVATION
Memorize 1 John 5:11-12
Assurance of Salvation
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12
EXPLORING 1 JOHN 5:11-12
Who gives eternal life?
God has given to us eternal life
Where is eternal life found?
eternal life is in His Son
Who has eternal life?
he who has the Son
“THIS IS THE TESTIMONY”
1. What did John say in John 20:31 about why he wrote this book?
He wrote it so we know Jesus is the Son of God and that believing so we have life in His name.
“GOD HAS GIVEN US ETERNAL LIFE”
2. According to Romans 5:8, how has God shown that He loves you?
God sent His Son to die for our sins.
3. What results of man’s sinfulness are listed in Isaiah 59:2?
Our sins separate us from God.
4. Read Ephesians 2:8-9. Why do human efforts always fail to reach God?
Because we have been saved by God, not by our efforts.
5. In 1 Peter 3:18, how did Peter explain what God has done to bring men to Himself?
By being put to death in the flesh, he was made alive in spirit.
6. How did John say a person receives the gift of salvation in John 1:12?
By believing and receiving God, He makes you His child.
“HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS LIFE”
7. According to John 5:24, what three things are the result of hearing and believing?
doesn’t come into judgement
out of death into life
8. What did Jesus promise His followers in John 10:27-29?
He promises them eternal life, and says no one can snatch them from Him
9. What takes place when a person becomes a Christian, as described in 2 Corinthians 5:17?
he has a new life, the past doesn’t matter
Which of the following changes have you experienced in your life? (Check appropriate ones.)
- Inner peace
New awareness of sin Victory over sin New love for God Desire to read the Bible Attitude changes Sense of forgiveness New concern for others
WRITE OUT JOHN 5:11-12 FROM MEMORY.
And this is the testimony, that God has given use eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; and he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
APPLYING 1 JOHN 5:11-12
Meditate on 1 John 5:11-12 and consider how to apply it to your life. How do you know that you have eternal life?
I have accepted Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as my own savior.
Now take a few moments to thank God for all He has given you in Jesus Christ.